A new Beaujolais Nouveau festive dinner at the restaurant « la Table du Domaine des Oréades »!
After the great success of the restaurant La Table of the Oréades celebrate the Beaujolais 2013 and the famous « cassoulet » (stew of beans with sausages) of the cook Laurent, called Lolo, la Table du Domaine des Oréades repeats this typically French festive dinner on Thursday the 20th of November 2014 from 7.30 P.M to celebrate the first days of the Beaujolais Nouveau 2014.
Here it is the menu (25 Euros):
- Aperitifs on the theme of the Beaujolais with tapas ;
- Lolo’s famous cassoulet;
- A frozen dessert to digest the food ;
- Of course the Beaujolais Nouveau is included in the menu.
–> Note that seating is limited, therefore we encourage you to book at 05 58 09 94 72.
The Beaujolais is a geographical region located in the north of Lyon in France, which stretches over the north of the Rhône departement and the south of Saône-et-Loire.
But they are local wines, red wines made with 99% of Gamay which obviously contribute to the reputation of the sector.
The Beaujolais region has three well-differentiated geographical zones:
- The Val de Saône, where important communications routes go through (roads, motorways, railways, the canals of the river Saône), and where there are diversified industrial activities;
- The Beaujolais hillsides with the vineyards ;
- The green Beaujolais : an agricultural activity dominated by cattle breeding, a forestry industry which has a natural identity and a strong economy , a traditional economy going through diversifying industries (from the textile industry to the metallurgical industry, the plastic industry and the food processing industry),a fast developing tourist.
The Beaujolais vineyards during the autumn
The average production amounts to 1.1 million hectoliters a year which are grouped into twelve AOC (a French wine classification):
- Beaujolais ;
- Beaujolais villages ;
- Ten vintage wines (Morgon, Régnié, Moulin à Vent, côte de Brouilly, Brouilly, Juliénas, Saint-Amour, Chénas, Chiroubles and Fleurie).
Only the labelled wines (the first two ones) can be sold the third Thursday of November, which are traditionally expected by people all over the world.
And it is in accordance with this tradition that the restaurant ‘la Table du Domaine des Oréades’ is expecting you to come this Thursday 20th of November to celebrate the Beaujolais Nouveau 2014!
These articles may interest you:
- Hand-on activities: holidays’ activities in the Landes!
- Gastronomy: The Landes has the biggest number of farm products with a quality label
- Decoration: redesign your Mobil-home with these 5 tips
photo credit: Let Ideas Compete via photopin cc