Sanguinet: 20 activities in winter as well as in summer!
We have just packed the party novelties used for the New Year’s Eve in the Oréades and here come the winter’s holidays with the cold peeping through. On that occasion, we have decided to spend a few days in the Landes, by the seaside. You will not get bored, believe me! Sanguinet has 20 activities! So let’s see.
1. Holiday for bicycles : purchase, rent, mending. « Holidays more bicycles » welcome its clients in the shop which is in the centre of the town of Sanguinet, it is 200 metres from the Sanguinet lake, near the Archaeological Museum of Sanguinet.
2. The sailing club in Sanguinet (CVS) : organisation of regatta, discovery session, summer training courses, etc., the sailing club in Sanguinet is open throughout the year.
3. Tennis club in Sanguinet: young people and adults, events by team, rent of tennis courts, etc.
4. The tennis table club in Sanguinet offers to practise the tennis table with pleasure.
5. Surf n’kite : at the edge of Sanguinet on the road towards Biscarrosse Surf n’Kite is a kite surf, windsurf and surf shop. The shop sells surfboards, kite surf boards and wings; windsurfing boards, material for snowboard as well as the accessories… (For more information about board sports in Sanguinet).
6. Path of the Gourgue : the Gourgue is a small river whose peaceful flow ripples its sandy bed, reddened by a ferruginous substratum. Departure of the path of 4.5 kilometres long, facing the church, just near the stream la Gourgue.
7. Path of the Résinier (resin collector) : located in the path of Sabas, after the camping the Oréades in front of the parking of the beach, the path of the resin collector is an educational path which allows during this period of the year to observe the different stages of the tapping as well as the evolution of these methods used during the last century. It is open from July the 1st to August 30th. Free guided tours with one of the last resin collectors in order to revive these forgotten gestures.
8. The bicycle lane in Sanguinet is two kilometres long, it starts from the path of Sabas, goes across the Caton beach, runs alongside the lake until the stadium road.
9. The Pavillon beach has lifeguards in July and August (see the map).
10. The Caton beach has lifeguards in July and August. In order to offer the access to the water activities to the disabled persons, a Tiralo (an amphibious wheelchair) is put at their disposal. Enquire at the first-aid post (see the map)
11. J’m Voile is a sport and recreation park and a water sports base where you can rent sailing dinghy, catamarans, sailboards, kayaks, canoes, motorboats, pedal boats, water ski, tow tube, etc.
12. Fishing pontoon in the Cazaux Sanguinet lake: in the Beau Rivage port, this handi-fishng pontoon has two fishing spots with a path and a parking for physically disabled persons.
13. Boat trip on the lake: the Compagnie des lacs proposes some boat trips on the lake with a departure at the Beau Rivage beach every Monday afternoon at 3 P.M (a 1h30 boat trip). For more information call at 06 61 34 17 89 (see the map).
14. Boat trip on the lake: departure at Estey harbour, Sanguinet Marine proposes some boat trips on the lake (see the map).
15. Les Fous du Bassin – Raiders is a hiking cub.
16. Local museum of the Sanguinet lake: The subaquatic excavations in the Sanguinet lake have allowed the discovery of several settlements sites dating from the bronze age during the Gallo-Roman period and the remains (pirogues, furniture in ceramic and metal). It is open in July and August and the rest of the year only with a reservation for the groups.
17. Equi Aventure: The club proposes pony rides and horse rides during all the year.
18. Bungee trampoline: come and try it. It is for young people and adults with a weight from 10 kg to 100kg. It is located in the Pavillon beach (see the map). For more information call at 06 80 93 71 21.
19. The Sanguinet multimedia library: come to the Espace Gemme, and discover the different areas for young people, adults and the multimedia area.
20. The Roger Labat stadium in Sanguinet.
Enjoy your holidays!
photo credit: 1D110 via photopin cc & http://www.peche-ariege.com & lintmachine via photopin cc