From Sanguinet, an original outing : pescatourism !
Fishing and oyster farming have always been at the centre of the Bassin d’Arcachon activities. This is why Pescatourism invites you to discover the lake in two different original ways :
1. out and about in a fishingboat
The fishermen will show you all the tricks of the trade from A to Z : from the preparation of the equipment to the retrieving of the fish out of the nets and the pots, as well as navigation in the Bassin d’Arcachon with them.
2. Discover the oyster farms
According to their planning, the oyster farmers welcome you aboard their boats, show you how they place the spat collectors (oyster larva), how they harvest oysters, clean the oyster beds … A pleasant trip along the channels with oyster tasting as free gift !
Before you go on board, here are some statistics about le Bassin d’Arcachon :
- 350 Oyster businesses
- 26 oyster ports all around the Basssin
- 8 to 10 000 tons of oysters per year
- 1 800 tons of fish sold at the auction room of Arcachon
- A turn -over of 12 million Euros
- Rate : 45 € per trip.
- Children over 12 allowed, if accompanied by an adult.
- Allow 4 to 5 hours for the round trip :, timetable according to the tides
- In order to know which fishermen and oyster farmers are part of the pescatourism project, please contact the Tourist Information Centre for the Bassin d’Arcachon.
For further information : www.bassin-arcachon.com
If you have already done this, please do not hesitate to write a comment